Sunday, July 31, 2011

SATURDAY AT AMY'S AND NEW GOODIES

I have to share the great day I had yesterday.  I went over to Amy's Beads to play with paper and resin.  I had the pleasure of spending the day with Luci our teacher and "PAPER GODDESS".  I made two pieces one with a copper heart which I warn you copper is very reactive so keep this in mind when choosing it as your base.  My paper was red and the copper turned it this beautiful blue color.  Still happy with the results.  I also made a pendant on brass with a lovely pair of birds from a very talented artist on Etsy, Art Cult.  The little butterflies are 3-D.  And last but not least my paper rose.  I don't think this is part of the class but Luci showed me how to make it anyways.  Isn't it the sweetest!

Contact Amy's at 954-530-2029 for information on this class.  I believe it's every other Saturday from 11 a.m. - 5 p.m.  Come early though, you'll need the time to pick out your components and paper and to let the pieces dry some before you take them home.

AQUARIUS

GOLDEN MEADOW

PEACHES AND CREAM

OCEAN MIST

WILDFLOWER MEADOW

NORTHERN LIGHTS

These are earrings I made with my Northern Lights Beads and some great components by Susan Lenart Kazmer

These are made with Ocean Mist and also with Susan Lenart Kazmer components.

"PLAYFUL"
I know what you're thinking, I don't make colorful beads.  Well, every once in a while I take out all the colorful rods and go at it.  This project took me a while to make and since I am more of a neutrals type of person I left it on my work table for a while before I finished it.  Could be all that bead wrapping I was dreading.  It's a long necklace and I'm sure someone will give it a great home.

Enjoy your day,

Raida

2 comments:

  1. So much fun, I had a friend over and we played with resin and paper too. We didn't get as far as you. Neither of us is very experienced with Resin. Gorgeous beads as always Raida!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like you had a great time! Love those northern light beads!

    ReplyDelete